The interesting looking space sim Ostranauts will be landing on Early Access in June.
Ostranauts is a detailed simulation of owning and living aboard a spaceship, in a solar system where honest living is a slow death sentence. Set in the NEO Scavenger universe, where Earth has suffered cataclysmic collapse, the rest of the System lives on in a state of capitalistic dystopia.
Players can customise everything about their starting character including looks, name and pronoun preferences before setting out into the vast expanse of space. They will then build or customize their starting ship from the spoils of their career history, and find ways to keep their motley crew happy, fuel in their tanks, food on their plates, and the debt collectors at bay.
Succeed and shoot for the stars or crash and burn from the consequences of your actions!
Detailed Custom Ship Design
Players can build their ship, in any shape, from functioning modular parts. The parts have physical properties, interact with each other, and can wear out over time.
Crew members have physiological and emotional needs, from basal necessities like food, water, oxygen, and temperature, to more esoteric needs like privacy, security, intimacy, and esteem.
What can players expect in the first wave of Early Access:
- Assume the role of captain repairing your spaceship to get it ready for dust off
- Starting on shipbreaker career – salvaging from derelict ships around K-Leg station to get their junker ready to fly
- Socialising with NPCs
- Fly to different worlds completing tasks, get more tools for characters and parts for the ship
- Encounter a variety of ship types, makes and models
- Combat elements – space battle and hand to hand
- Meeting with other ships – possible hostile encounters (you never know who to trust)
Ostranauts is now available to wishlist on Steam.