Sony has announced the latest example of awesomeness in your car with the XAV-9500ES.
This massive screen will sort our your GPS, seamless integration with your phone, and so much more.
A premium head unit of course has a premium price with $2,299.95 NZD, but look at it. It is so pretty.
- High-resolution Audio Compatible: Enjoy the subtle nuances of studio-quality sound with high-resolution audio. The 9500ES supports a variety of high-resolution audio codecs including native 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV, FLAC, ALAC audio files, and DSD (22.4MHz) files via 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM conversion. LDAC enables Bluetooth® streaming of all these codecs with exceptional sound quality.
- ESS Digital-to-Analog Converter: Experience the same caliber of sound typically reserved for high-end home audio products. With the ESS DAC chip, a premium D/A converter that provides optimum quality for all digital music files, the 9500ES offers high performance processing and eliminates timing jitter for unprecedented dynamic range and low harmonic distortion.
- Built-in Premium 4-channel Class A/B Amplifier: To provide unmatched audio quality, the dedicated power circuit is designed for left and right channel amplification. The overall amplifier block includes updated circuit configurations, patterns and components that minimize interference. Together with the electric volume circuit utilising a select audio IC with less distortion and noise, customers can enjoy smooth highs, tight bass, wide dynamic range and a more accurate sound stage.
- Optimum Audio Components: Carefully selected components ensure superb quality sound. The dedicated choke coil in the power supply block features powerful bass while filtering unwanted frequencies, for controlled and dynamic audio reproduction. Audiophile-grade high polymer solid electrolytic capacitors (FT CAP2), custom-made for Sony’s high-end products, delivers stable power to the ESS D/A converter for clear and tight bass, while multi-layer polymer capacitors ensure low overall harmonic distortion and natural sound.
- Anti-resonance Dual-layer Chassis: The dual-layer design of the chassis separates analogue and digital circuitry, preventing electromagnetic noise for uncompromised sound quality. The lower layer stores circuit boards, which are dedicated to the audio and analogue process, and the fully shielded upper layer separates the digital circuit boards.
- Sound Customisation: The high grade 192 kHz / 24-bit DSP offers pristine sound processing and time alignment down to a remarkable 1 cm for each of the 6 addressable channels. A 14-band EQ lets customers adjust the overall sound to their music or taste, and each of the 6 channels features independent 8-band parametric EQ to get optimum performance across different speaker configurations. Together with the 3-zone crossover, users can dial in the perfect match of front, rear and subwoofers.
- 10.1-inch Gapless Anti-glare Capacitive Touchscreen: Now updated with a 10.1″ high-definition LCD panel and optically gapless design, it boasts best-in-class picture quality while assuring safer and easier operation. Unlike a conventional display, the LCD is bonded directly to the protective glass touch layer with a transparent adhesive. The result is an extremely precise touch experience along with enhanced contrast and visual performance.
- HD Graphical User Interface: The 1280 x 720 HD touchscreen offers an enhanced user interface, featuring simple and clean graphics, high contrast “Mobile ES” color scheme and customisable wallpaper and icon positioning.
- Ultra-sleek “Floating” Display: The sturdy and adjustable mount now works in four directions. With flexible installation options and space-friendly single-DIN rear chassis, it can be installed in a variety of vehicles.
- Wire-Free Smartphone Connectivity: Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and the supplied GPS antenna, users can leave their smartphone in their pocket and still access full device integration.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay integrates iPhone with the car audio’s display and controls, enabling users to make phone calls, access music, send and receive messages, get directions optimised for traffic and more while the driver stays focused on the road. Supporting third-party navigation apps, Apple CarPlay provides even more choices to get to the destination.
- Wireless Android Auto: Designed with safety and convenience in mind, Android Auto is a simpler way to use a smartphone with the car’s display. Drivers can talk to Google on Android Auto and stay connected, entertained and informed while keeping their eyes on the road. Just say “Hey Google” or press the voice control button on the 9500ES.
- USB Type-C Compatible Rear Connection Terminals: USB Type-C terminal is available for any compatible device, allowing high-current charge up to 3A.
- Quick Wake Up: With the quick wake up feature, customers are ready to go right after turning on the ignition.
- Rear View Camera Ready with Adjustable Parking Guidelines: Customers can see the images of up to three connected cameras when they shift the vehicle’s transmission lever to the reverse position or tap the dedicated icons on the home screen.
- Ergonomically Designed Physical Key Terminal and Customisable Large Front Keys: The ergonomically designed physical key terminal gives instant access to basic operations to minimize distractions behind the wheel. Two customisable large keys are also available that users can assign various functions like Mute, Display Off, Source, Home, etc.
- Enhanced 5V 3-Pre-Out Connectivity: For future expandability, the 5V 3-pre-out connectivity allows customers to build a full acoustic system, including a newly available stereo subwoofer connection, and a 4-channel stereo amplification for even louder and more powerful sound reproduction.
The XAV-9500ES is releasing in late 2021 for $2,299.95 NZD.