Do you remember Vault of Glass?
It was that moment in gaming where an absurd number of gamers were trying to be the first to beat the first raid in Destiny. Then the bulk of average gamers like myself watched those videos, and still got our asses kicked by the raid. So many hours lost falling down the hole. Being instantly killed in the maze. So much fail, so much fun.
Now you can relive it as the vault opens again, this time in Destiny 2.
This time… ok it will still take 15 attempts to beat it.
Vault of Glass will have both Contest Mode and a World First race
Guardians who are training to beat the classic raid will need to also complete challenging Triumphs. Bungie have released Vault of Glass’s restrictions:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- Players will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo’s Edge Triumph.
- Completing Tempo’s Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter.
Bungie Rewards are available for all Guardians who promptly finish the raid, unlocking the ability to pick up exclusive items from the Bungie Store.
Want to follow along with the World First race live?
Tune into ProfessorBroman’s Destiny Raid Day Tailgate, starting an hour before the raid is live. Broman and Reck will break down the race for World First as the doors to the Vault of Glass open for the first time in years!
There is only one way forward: into the Vault. The race for World First for Vault of Glass kicks off at 3AM AEST on May 23rd, so gear up Guardians!