SEGA has launched Sonic Colours: Ultimate, a vibrant remaster of the beloved 2010 Nintendo Wii platformer, Sonic Colours.
Developed by the award-winning studio, Blind Squirrel Entertainment, Sonic Colours: Ultimate brings a fresh hue to the celebrated game. It comes with enhanced visuals, additional features, the new ‘Rival Rush’ mode, providing players with the ultimate Sonic experience.
In Sonic Colours: Ultimate, the evil Dr Eggman has built a gigantic interstellar amusement park bursting with incredible rides. The problem is he is powering it with a captured alien race called “Wisps”. You will use Sonic’s lightning speed to free the Wisps and learn the secrets of their amazing powers. Sonic will be tested on this exciting journey to free the Wisps, whose mystical powers can be harnessed to grant special abilities. With their help it is a test he’ll pass with flying Colours!
Sonic Colours: Ultimate features:
- Sonic Speed and Non-Stop Action – Accelerate to adrenaline-pumping super speed, zoom across challenging worlds, and manoeuvre through hazardous obstacles. Time your attacks perfectly to charge your boost and reach Super Sonic speeds.
- Interstellar Amusement Park – Explore and adventure through immersive environments, like a Sweet Mountain filled with delightful sweets or an Aquarium Park filled with sea life and countless pools – all centred around a mysterious astro-amusement park.
- Wisp Power-ups – Transform Sonic by harnessing the magnificent alien power of Wisps to defeat enemies and discover the secrets of the interstellar amusement park. Pass through solid objects and discover alternate paths using the new Jade Ghost Wisp.
- White Wisp – Fill your boost gauge and accelerate into super speeds, destroy obstacles and enemies in your path
- Cyan Wisp – Turn Sonic into a powerful cyan laser, move across the stage at lightning speed and zap enemies in your path
- Jade Wisp – Transform Sonic into a Jade ghost, fly around and phase through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Pink Wisp – Turn Sonic into a pink spike that can roll up walls and ceilings and attack enemies
- Green Wisp – Transform Sonic into a green hover form to reach higher areas and float past treacherous obstacles
- Orange Wisp – Turn Sonic into an orange rocket, blast into the air and reach unparalleled heights
- Blue Wisp – Switch blue rings and blue blocks to open new routes, turn Sonic into a blue cube to stomp down enemies
- Yellow Wisp – Transform Sonic into a yellow drill and dig through the ground or torpedo through the water
- Purple Wisp – Transform Sonic into a hungry purple frenzy and eat anything in your path
- Better Than Ever – Available on PS4, Xbox One and Switch and now more Colourful than ever with enhanced visuals and graphics, refined controls, and many more gameplay upgrades. The game is also playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility and Xbox Series X.
- HD Updates – New high-definition updates and improvements, including 60 FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution
- Park Tokens & Customisation – Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes and gloves for Sonic
- Customisable Controls – Customise your controls to find a layout that suits your play style
- Tails Save – Find a Tails Save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued
- 100 Count Ring – Collect a 100 Count Ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level
- Music – Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman’s evil plan
- New ‘Rival Rush’ Mode – Put your skills to the test and go head-to-head with Metal Sonic. Outrun Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
Sonic Colours: Ultimate is now available on PS4, Xbox One and Switch.